Attention direct venters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good advice. How much did everyone get? I got around 4-5 inches.

No worries on my stove, but keeping and eye on the furnace vent.

Dont forget the furnace !

Good advice Scott. I checked last night and all seemed well, just had to knock some icicles off the OAK vent. Looked this morning and the drift wasn't near my vent pipe. People, be smart and safe... take your time with this one. Put a few brews in the snow bank for when you're done.

hee, hee also for those that have massive drifts I figured my oak was safe 5 ft off the ground level not so..

Checked mine while throwing the snow around...

vent.jpg

FINALLY got to snowblow a path to my walk out basement. En route, what did I find buried in a monster drift?...the Buderus intake. Good thing it was fluffy dry snow and I only use the boiler for DHW. Don't think it ran much anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.