Attention englander owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisnow86

Minister of Fire
I have seen a lot of issues with people taking about ash build up with there englanders, I hear people modifing there burn pots and what not but I have learned this.... My hopper lid was not quite tight had a 1/16 inch gap Prob.. I adjusted the latches so it fits snug and it changed the way the stove runs... And it makes sense! With the lid slightly open air gets in the hopper down the auger tubes and into the burn pot.. Taking away from the air that's should be going straight into the burn pot.. Helping blow out the ash building up.. Just food for thought everyone

Reactions: mustangwagz
I'm going to check that out on my stove this week.

Get yourself a roll of self adhesive closed cell weatherstripping at the box store and put that on the hopper lip. That seals the crappy American craftsmanship.....:)

weather stripping ??....my hopper lid has a stove gasket around it and it works perfectly

Reactions: bugman31964
weather stripping ??....my hopper lid has a stove gasket around it and it works perfectly

Mine did too when I bought it 11 years ago but things wear out, especially lid gaskets so the replacement alternative is thin closed cell weatherstriping, single sided adhesive....

Yours will wear out too, someday.

I think I would just use more fiberglass gasket... Lol but that would be good in a pinch... I have some extra laying around from sealing up my house Over the last few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.