Attention Philadelphia Area Members

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyde S. Dale

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2010
SE PA
Good morning everyone,

Some of you may remember a post I put up this time last year regarding a disabled vet in the Philly area.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/attention-philadelphia-area-members.101837/

I found his ad on CL again this year requesting firewood and am going to take him a truckload tomorrow morning. Last year he got mostly sassafrass, this year he is getting oak and cherry 2 years + seasoned. Due to his disability and financial situation he is not able to scrounge or buy firewood. If anyone is able to help him out with firewood, I can provide address/directions. I can also vouch for his situation.

When I put up the post last year, there were financial offerings to me to take him another load which I did not accept. Based on my personal firewood situation and the hour + time it takes to get to NE Philly, I can only take him 1 load. However, when I spoke to him I asked him the last time he had his stove pipe cleaned and it has been many years. I don't think he burns a lot of wood, but I also don't know the quality of wood he is burning beyond what I give him. Does anyone want to split the cost of a chimney sweep with me? Or even better, if a local member does this for a living or owns a sooteater, I would be willing to put money towards getting you to do this for him.

The timing of this post is not a coincidence :). While it is a 2 hour + round trip for me, it is time to spend with my wife and kids and teach them the value of giving to others, especially this time of the year.

PM me or post a reply if anyone is able to help. Happy Holidays to all!!

Clyde

Reactions: gyrfalcon
I'll split the cost....hopefully I can paypal some $$ to you??

Thank you! Yes, I will PM you my paypal account. Let me find a service near him, get the cost then I will send the info.

Reactions: webbie
Loaded up and ready to go...

photo.JPG

I am on the MD/DE border and can pony up the Soot Eater. Hope he has a 6" flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.