Attn: Quadrafire Mt Vernon NON AE Owners!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo-Quad

Feb 3, 2010
Illinois
Can't get my heat exchanger tube cleaner to slide across the tubes. I left the stove on high all night due to our cold snap. When I went to clean the stove the next day I can only move the left side tube cleaner about 1/4 of the way, then I get some kind of resistance. Never had this happen before. I don't want to force it. Anyone else had this happen? Suggestions? I can't get the baffle off because PO broke the heads off the bolts.

put a leaf blower on exhaust and blow compressed air in short controlled bursts most of the gunk in there will get sucked out.

I have a mt vernon non AE. Its approx. 7 years old. Left side heat exchanger cleaning rod sticks just like yours. Stove is clean. Sometimes, it will pull all the way out one time, then freeze up for about 2 hours before we can pull it back out. Usually, on the second try it will only move about a 1/4 of the way out. No clue why it does this. Its very irritating.

I found if you slightly bend the rod one way or the other it will slide. Id also get in there and clean it.

If it is anything like my Classic Bay 1200 with the heat exchanger tubes then it is a warped tube(s). If you pull the access plates to the tubes behind the burn pot you can see all of the tubes. Pull the cleaner rod up and look at which tubes have moved to jam up the rod. Softly bend the tube over a slight bit so the clean rod slides nicely. The hight heat bent/warped the heat exchanger tube(s) a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.