Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeB

JoeB
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 28, 2010
    Loc:
    Western NY
    I have a fairly large ATV I would like to load in the back of my Silverado 1500. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good load ramp? Which brand is the best?

fold away storage would be a plus, longer the better for safer loading, and traction. Thanks

2. Deere10

Deere10
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2009
    Loc:
    Upstate N.Y
    FWIW I like to use the arch style ramps. But some of those are not foldable for storage. You mention a fairly large ATV How about the wheel wells in the bed of the truck??

3. JoeB

JoeB
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 28, 2010
    Loc:
    Western NY
    It's a full size bed and if my measurements are correct, I should have an inch - 1.5" to spare.

4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Tri-fold aluminum . . . folds down relatively small, strong and much safer in my opinion than using two single wheel ramps.

5. quads

quads
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    Not that I'm recommending you build your own ramps. But I'm quite frugal and built my own. I didn't like the prices of the store-bought ones, especially for how flimsy they seemed. I built these in 1996 and for 10 of those years used them to load my full-size Sportsman 500. With me on the back, and loaded down with all the junk I always carry, it probably went 1000 pounds! There are a few 2x4s, 2x6s, 1x2s, and a couple feet of safety chain in them. This is a picture that a fellow ATV club member took of me unloading at one of our poker runs last Fall. Mrs. Quads wearing her best orange hat:
    [​IMG]

6. Cowboy Billy

Cowboy Billy
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 10, 2008
    Loc:
    Britton MI
    I got tri fold aluminm ramps and they work very well with my 2002 kodiac 400. The taller your truck is the longer ramp you need. I got the longest ones I could but sometimes with the snow plow on it catches the frame loading it on my 4x4 F 250.

Billy

7. Danno77

Danno77
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    2x12s with safety chains on the front

8. burntime

burntime
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 18, 2006
    Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    I got some 88 inch folding aluminum ones. I think they were on sale for $145 I used 2x12's but if I go to pick something up they are a pain. The aluminum ones are easier. Plus they are aluminum so if I leave them out in the elements for a day there is no rust. They strap to the bumper so I do not have to worry about them moving off or slipping, or the tires splitting on them...

9. flhpi

flhpi
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 13, 2009
    Loc:
    Southern Ohio
    If you find a deal on the dual aluminum ramps please do not buy them. I have a pair of them and I have used my friends tri-fold aluminum ramps. The tri-fold arched ramps are great. I wish I would have never bought mine. Better than nothing I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.