Auger cycle rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironman

Mar 13, 2013
Central MA
Hello all. I'm a new poster but have been lurking a while and learning all I can before my Harman P35I was installed. You guys are awesome and I've learned so much and know where to go if I have any questions. My dealer is good for nothing. Installed the stove and left without giving me the manual or testing the stove (didn't bring pellets with them!!!!) Anyway, I love my P35I but have a question about the auger cycle rate. Running in room temp automatic with about a 15 degree difference between ambient temp and set temp on stove. Feed rate set to 4. As I understand, this allows for a max of 40 sec. auger feed followed by a 20 sec down time before the next auger feed cycle. What's happening is the auger is feeding for about 10 seconds, waiting for about 20 seconds and then feeding for 10 seconds again. This repeats constantly no matter what the room temp is at. Is this normal or should there be a longer feed time and wait time in the cycle. I don't want the motor on my new baby to burn out prematurely.

My P61 does exactly what you thought yours should do. Maybe yours is different because it's a multifuel stove? Try it in stove mode and see how it feeds.

You can probably find the manual online and download it.

Thanks for the tips on where to find the manual. I actually read it online front to back a couple of times from the day I ordered it. That combined with the sticky thread on how your Harman works and I'm sure I knew more about how the stove works than the guys who installed it. I did seem to solve the problem by moving the temp sensor a little further away from the stove. Now it's not cycling as much and is behaving normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.