AUGER FEED

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter mcDonough

Dec 31, 2012
It seems my auger isn't feeding sufficient pellets. I have it turned to the max and the stove barely stays lit. Is this an auger issue. I have an enviro ef3. Also, I'm a newbie here. I've read some of the stickies, good info.

Does the burn pot fill w/ pellets and stay barely lit, or are the pellets all being burned up before enough get dumped in to keep it lit? How old is the stove? Last COMPLETE cleaning? Brand of pellets being burned?

Not enough pellets feeding. It will sometimes get a good flame going but doesn't last. It just started doing this. I did a complete at the start of the season and have only burned about two bags of pellets. I use it to heat my garage. I use comfy cozy pellets. I get them at Kent's here in New Brunswick. They seem to burn quite good and not too many clinkers. Flue is about 4.5' high. I watched the auger and it only turns about a 1/4" each time power goes to it. I cleaned the pellet box and auger, seemed to work a little better. I checked the vacuum hose and it looks good. Had to reset the high temp switch once already.

Not sure how Enviro does it, but have you checked to be sure the auger motor isn't slipping on the auger shaft?

Status
Not open for further replies.