AUGER JAM. ? check this out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3854

Nov 20, 2011
Rhode island
Had a auger jam after removing the pellets this is what I found. ENGLANDER OWNERS check your lid latch . I didn't even realize it wasn't latching, other side was about to fall off also. Good thing it didn't happen in the middle of the night. Was really jammed in there

Attachments

• stove latch.jpg
    stove latch.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 154
Had a auger jam after removing the pellets this is what I found. ENGLANDER OWNERS check your lid latch . I didn't even realize it wasn't latching, other side was about to fall off also. Good thing it didn't happen in the middle of the night. Was really jammed in there

That's the second one in 2 days.:eek:

That's the second one in 2 days.:eek:

After reading the one yesterday and the one today I checked my latches, they both latched well but the one nut was almost backed the whole way off the threads, not good.. Glad I read the posts or I would have never checked.

I see some Locktite in the stoves future....or run to the hardware store and pick up a lock nut. Looks like 1/4-20?

Reactions: jim3854
Yup mine are tight they are niether blue nor red.

Seriously when I changed my hopper lid gasket they needed a readjust, it was supper easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.