Auger jam clearing for the mechanically disinclined

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

latichever

Apr 14, 2006
The augur on my Breckwell p200i was not turning. The manual and other references talked about unhooking the motor to get at the augur to clean out blockages, and then checking to see of the motor will run.

But before doing that I cleaned out the hopper, unwound a wire hangar and poked at the augur from above through the hopper and from below up through the chute that drops pellets into the burn pot. Various pellet debris came free. Turned on the stove, heard the augur turning, voila, fire.

Sometimes the idiot, simple things tried first work best. I recently read an article about a drive from Moscow to Sochi in a Lada Niva, a car for which the say a hammer is the most important tool.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Good job. I always look for the simple things first. Just makes life easier sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.