Auger jamming on a SweetHome

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kb richard

Dec 1, 2008
Shelburne VT
We have an almost new sweet home pellet stove. The auger likes to Jam especially if the bin is full
This seems to grind then pack dust up at the top of the auger chute. Nice pellets Granules INC from QUE dry... clean....

Wondering if I need a gasket in between the auger mounting plate to lower the "compression" like a thicker head gasket would on an engine.

Was jacking the stove up to get the auger all the way out, Now I drop the auger down and poke in there from the burner box side.

Replaced old single wall chimney, adjacent burnt chase and burnt electrical wiring. Guess they had an "event" and never used the stove since. When I went to start it it wouldn't...Ive soldered a bad trace replaced the fuse holder three times (don't ask) got the main blower going finally (Blew flue dust all over) then gave stove a good clean.

Really need JPG's of a manual!!

She be Jamin like the Marley man... help me out!!

Thanks for this great site
Thanks for any help or ideas
Regards

Kraig

My auger did the same thing. I have a cover plate that covers the auger that I remove to clear up any jams. The top of my plate when screwed down had a very small gap where the "fines" could fall into and clog the auger. I used a small amount of 500 degree silcone and sealed that gap up. Now the fines cannot enter the auger via the top. My auger feeds the pellets from the bottom up and then drops them into the burn pot. I surmised that that very small gap was allowing the saw dust throught the cover plate and clogging the auger. After i did that mine has been working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.