1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Auger Misbehaving

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by ahinman, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahinman

ahinman New Member

Loc:
    Southeast Alaska
    I have a BRECKWELL P2000I and for the last year i have been having a problem that i cannot figure out; the auger moter squals loudly until the stove is fight and warmed up after that i operates normally. this is slowly getting worse and right now if i let the stove go out and cool down completly it will tuen over once and then attempt a second cycle and then shut the stove down. i can stand there and keep restarting the stove and after four or five times it will stay on and light allowing the stove to warm and then operate normally.

this stove is only used seasonally about a ton or a ton and a half a winter and i have had it since about 2000. i have cleaned it carefully and even had a guy from the local pellet stove dealer clean and service it but this still continues.

what the heck is going on? my gut tells me i need a new auger moter but every where i look i get the message that • nothing is wrong and the stove just needs cleaned and serviced. Am i a five percenter?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pegdot

pegdot New Member

Loc:
    Upstate, SC
    I guess you could be in that 5% but maybe the auger just needs aligning....I'm not sure if that's an option on your stove but hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members will tell you if it is.
  3. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    REMOVE ALL PELLETS OUT OF THE HOPPER

PUSH THE MANUALY FEED TO THE PELLETS OUT OF THE AUGER TUBE

Unlpug the stove
    Pull the auger motor off

Remove the two bolts that hold the auger on to the endplate and remove the auger

Inspect the flights they had some in the past that were not welded very good

Check the Bushing at the bottom
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.