Auger Misbehaving

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ahinman

Feb 3, 2008
Southeast Alaska
I have a BRECKWELL P2000I and for the last year i have been having a problem that i cannot figure out; the auger moter squals loudly until the stove is fight and warmed up after that i operates normally. this is slowly getting worse and right now if i let the stove go out and cool down completly it will tuen over once and then attempt a second cycle and then shut the stove down. i can stand there and keep restarting the stove and after four or five times it will stay on and light allowing the stove to warm and then operate normally.

this stove is only used seasonally about a ton or a ton and a half a winter and i have had it since about 2000. i have cleaned it carefully and even had a guy from the local pellet stove dealer clean and service it but this still continues.

what the heck is going on? my gut tells me i need a new auger moter but every where i look i get the message that • nothing is wrong and the stove just needs cleaned and serviced. Am i a five percenter?

I guess you could be in that 5% but maybe the auger just needs aligning....I'm not sure if that's an option on your stove but hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members will tell you if it is.

REMOVE ALL PELLETS OUT OF THE HOPPER

PUSH THE MANUALY FEED TO THE PELLETS OUT OF THE AUGER TUBE

Unlpug the stove
Pull the auger motor off

Remove the two bolts that hold the auger on to the endplate and remove the auger

Inspect the flights they had some in the past that were not welded very good

Check the Bushing at the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.