auger motor bushings vf55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
my auger motor has been making a horrible noise for 3 days now.i ordered a replacement off the Gleason Avery site.does anyone have a source for the auger bushings.parts list show them as a two pack of 5/8" ID brass bushings.i saw two on line. one for $54 and another for $48.seems like a lot of money for 2 bushings.peace Cork

Measure all dimensions,check ebay and there are many bushing suppliers.Most stoves use conventional size bushings,but some are special.If they are standard sizes should cost about $5 ea.I guess nobody has done this for that stove.

5/8" ID brass bushings
Are you sure they are brass and not bronze?
Check Amazon, they have a wide selection of bronze and some brass

Are you sure they are brass and not bronze?
Just looked at the manual again and it says they are brass.with the stove running on medium for the past few days the noise hasnt been as bad.im hoping its just the motor itself as i have a replacement on the way.i just thought i would have a set of bushings on hand just in case.

McMaster Carr
Match to the type and size you need
http://www.mcmaster.com/#bronze-sleeve-bearings/=raqgp3
thanks guys.took the motor out and disconnected the gear box from the motor.the motor by itself runs quiet which leads me to believe its the gear box.i opened that up and added some high temp grease.havnt put it back in yet but i will post how it runs.didnt take the bearings out yet but if the grease doesnt quiet it down then i will take them out.thanks again Peace,Cork

Status
Not open for further replies.