1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

auger motor gearbox

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by DirtyDave, Oct 19, 2013.

1. DirtyDave

DirtyDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    western wa
    I opened my gearbox up carefully and had gears fall. I cleaned all gears and inspected looking for anything . then set out to figure oiut which gear went where. couple tries and done. greased it up with some hightemp grease. got it reinstalled quiet as a mouse for several hours. then loud noise it jams loud clank and now it sounds like loose ungreased roller bearings, still works tho. will inspect it next cleaning

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bill3rail

bill3rail Minister of Fire

Loc:
    LI, NY
    Don't wait, the gearbox may be in self destruct mode now.

Bill

PS. The one item that I figured would go bad is the auger motor/gearbox, and I have a spare on hand.

Order one now so if/when it dies at midnight, you can swap out motors when you need it, and not need to wait for delivery.

Bill
  3. DirtyDave

DirtyDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    western wa
    every gear is on a shaft. no broken teeth. I am not afraid to run this gearbox for several more heating seasons. it is way easier than an eaton 14613 rto transmission total rebuild. added more grease. quiet as a mouse again now. oh noise was the updated bearing junk getting a adjustment on the cheap sheetmetal nut that came with it.
  4. Bioburner

Bioburner Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Probably a Chinese nut:)
  5. RKBAGUY

RKBAGUY Member

Loc:
    Milford, PA
    Why not directly power the motor/gearbox for a minute or two and let her run in and get the grease distributed, just to be sure?