Auger motor? whitfield advantage II-T

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbagjimmy

Dec 1, 2007
western ma
hello there, i have a Whitfield advantage II, i have the classic signs of a worn bushing(thanks much in part to the numerous great minds within this forum) on the lower end of my auger motor. I replaced the auger but it is still jamming and making the sporadic squealing noises. Is it possible that my upper bushing is worn as well? Or is the auger motor on its way out too? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Is the stove a insert or freestanding, if freestanding take the side panel off left side of stove and watch the auger when it make the sound,I would think its the auger motor. How old is the stove?? how many tons of pellets have you used?? Does the stove run 24/7??

I don't know anything about the design of your stove, but I have an Englander... They told me to run some pellets mixed with graphite through the system one and see if that cures my squealing, but that I may also have to pull the motor off the auger itself and make sure it's aligned - on my stove there's apparently a bracket holding the bearing block that has 4 screws in it - they said to re-tighten those screws in a diagonal pattern, spinning the auger manually while doing so, to make sure it's still centered. They also said to run a file along the auger while I had it out to remove any burrs that may be on there.

I used the graphite last night, and it pretty much sorta fixed the problem. Heard to short little squeals this morning, but no more than that.

I'd check with your stove manufacturer about the graphite thing before you tried it though, to make sure you're not voiding any warranties or messing up your system.

Mr Whitfield said:
Is the stove a insert or freestanding, if freestanding take the side panel off left side of stove and watch the auger when it make the sound,I would think its the auger motor. How old is the stove?? how many tons of pellets have you used?? Does the stove run 24/7??

i picked up a auger motor and installed it and it is working excellent. quiet as a field mouse. Thank you for your help.

I live in NE Montana and moved into a house with an Advantage II-T insert.
The local electrician said I need an auger motor and some other parts.
Where can we find a parts list or supplier of these parts?
thanks
John

Status
Not open for further replies.