auger motor won't work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

birdmn

Jan 2, 2014
southern New Hampshire
I have a 2005 st Croix York insert. my auger stopped working, it's not jammed I can move the blade. but when the stove is turned on the auger doesn't work and the fan that blows heat also doesn't work, but when it's off the fan turns on. I hit the thermostat reset and it hasn't worked. what led up to it was a seal warning I dealt with it the flame got super high so I shut it off when the flame went out to a low ember I turneditback on and it stopped working. and the auger motor and combustion motors were replacedat thebeginning of the winter

By a seal warning do you men a vacuum fault? If so unplug the stove and plug back in to reset the board. Fire it up and see what happens. Those tend to be very fussy with where thendampermis set. Start with it almost all the way closed. Let us know.

By a seal warning do you men a vacuum fault? If so unplug the stove and plug back in to reset the board. Fire it up and see what happens. Those tend to be very fussy with where thendampermis set. Start with it almost all the way closed. Let us know.
didn'twork. it sounds likeit's running no warning lights, but the auger won't turn and it looks like the fan that pushes heat tothe house doesn'trun either unless you turn it off

Ok. Next locate the POF disc, it's the 1 mounted on the combustion motor. Disconnect the 2 wires connected to it and jumper them together. Alligator clips work also, you wouldn't even need to detach them. Try that next.

Status
Not open for further replies.