Auger Motors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ResQmedic121

Hearth Supporter
Feb 20, 2008
Johnsonville NY
These are weird questions But I am going to ask it, I have 2-3 auger motors I pulled out of my stoves PVDC/PUF because they where Froze or Broke or what have you. My first question is can Life be put back into these motors (rebuilt, parts from one into another, Etc) or are they paperweights,
Second, It is ok to just flip the Magnet on the Rear of the Auger motor to get a different direction IE CCW to CW or Vice Versa. Thanks.

I have an old englander motor sitting next to me, and I believe it is usually a problem with the windings on the motor. While looking at the magnet on mine, there is a groove on each side of it that alligns the magnet. The grooves are in different locations, thus preventing it from being flipped.

ResQmedic121 said:
These are weird questions But I am going to ask it, I have 2-3 auger motors I pulled out of my stoves PVDC/PUF because they where Froze or Broke or what have you. My first question is can Life be put back into these motors (rebuilt, parts from one into another, Etc) or are they paperweights,
Second, It is ok to just flip the Magnet on the Rear of the Auger motor to get a different direction IE CCW to CW or Vice Versa. Thanks.

Hey, if their just sitting there doing nothing, take 'em apart and see what you can fix/swap to make them work again. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

As for changing the direction, from what I read, removing the screws and flipping the "stack" (stator) over will do just that. I guess it's possible that on some makes of motors, you can't do this. Again, do some experimenting and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.