Auger not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
My castle serenity is working on its 3rd or 4th year. Early on the auger/motor assembly crapped out and warranty covered repair. Just today the auger stopped moving completely. I emptied out the hopper and poked around to see if anything was jammed. Not that I could tell. I emailed local place to see when they could come out. Is it basically the case that pellet stove are a bit of pain in the ass in general with this sort of thing?

The better the stove, the fewer the issues. My Harman P43 has not been flawless, but most of the issues have been minor and they were fixed by cleaning.

You may have run into a bad bun of augers. Try Googling the auger serial numbers and manufacturer to see if there are alternative suppliers.

This kind of chronic defect is not normal ,

Reactions: Mt Bob
Do you have a manual?
When was the stove cleaned last?
Here is a manual file:///C:/Users/john/Downloads/12740REV5.pdf
Pellet stoves are not a pain in the a--
with a little maintenance
they are not plug-and-play.

Reactions: Mt Bob
New here,, but registered to hopefully help.. I have a Serenity. Early on my auger quit working. I believe after cleaning I made sure the setscrew for the auger was tight.
Still didn't work.
Then, I found a thread here that suggested a pressing a reset button for the auger could be the easy fix. I found and pushed it, and its been fine for the last 1.5 years. Its right between the two blue connectors in this pic. Accessed from right side panel.. Worth a try if you haven't done so already.

Screenshot_20220111-132735_Chrome.jpg

Thanks all for the replies. As a next step, I removed the pellets from the hopper and lightly hit the auger with a rubber mallet. This worked. The auger must have been jammed.
Thanks again for the help.

Many stoves have auger bushings that need serviced,cleaned and lubed.
Thanks, I’ll look into what my stove may need with this.