Auger Not Working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garys314

Oct 10, 2007
I have a Whitfield Advantage Insert. The auger is not turning. It sounds like it is trying to turn. Any thoughts on what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks in Advance,

Gary

Your gear box is on it's way out. Same thing happened to my model. Freakin JUNK! A few others here on hearth.com reported the same. Dig the threads and search up. I think some one found OEM replacement or works on them gear box types.

Try this first, clean out all the pellets out of the hopper. Look for a lot of sawdust or large (long) pellets bridging over the auger.

I cleaned out the hopper as best as i can. There is a cover over the hopper. I really cant get my hands anywhere near it.

Gary

First pull your insert out, move the gear box counter clock by hand, if you can move it the auger is not jammed. Loosen the allen screw holding the motor to the auger. Turn the stove on , start auger switch to on, see if the motor is turning. If you might need to clean the hopper out. You will have to drill out the pop rivets holding the hopper cover on, after your done cleaning the hopper you can use self tapper screws to hold cover on. Your auger motor run thru the pressure switch on the exhaust, check this switch with a meter. It's normally closed. If open the auger will not run.
If you have a question e-mail me.

Status
Not open for further replies.