Auger runs constantly, will not shut down Harman Advance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffhab

Oct 4, 2010
Eastern Mass
So I bought a used Harman Advance. Cleaned it very well and installed. Problem is it will not shut off when turned to off. Flames never die down even after hour and fifteen minutes. Auger continues to run. The stove becomes extremely hot everywhere and you cannot touch it. Watched feed light come on on control board but appears auger motor was already running and will not stop. I believe it should cycle on and off even when running the stove in any heating mode but looks to be constantly running. Any ideas what would cause this? When the stove is cold and I plug in the auger does not turn until I move the feed rate to test.
Tonight I pulled off the back panel, igniator to manual - set the stove to "stove Temp" and set feed rate to 4. Auger turns constantly at same speed from test up to highest number. A bad pot? or is there something else on the board which controls the motor on/off?

Status
Not open for further replies.