auger stopped.......... while running !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Had a great guy come over today & took apart my Lopi Leyden . After a couple hours it was up & running. Less than 2 hours the auger just stopped again . The fella admits that he didn't know how he got it up cause everything checked out fine. Him & I are both stymied by this. I gotta get this thing going again, please, any & all advice asap as the stove is over our living room heat duct so the oil furnace has to crank to get heat in here. Thanks guys & girls Not the gold hopper safety button

Common things - hopper lid switch, vacuum switch not satisfied for various reasons, bad motor, auger jam, damaged wiring.

Any fault codes show up?

I would start by jumping around the vac switch and see how that goes. Stove warms up and expands and looses vacuum. Good start. Then would look at proof of fire switch failing. One can jump around that for testing purposes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.