Auger will not work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigbert

Oct 31, 2012
I tried to light my Quest pellet insert stove about a week ago because we are still having some cold weather here in Ohio, and my auger stopped working. The auger indicator light, lights up like it is cycling but the motor is not turning. I replaced the pressure switch this past weekend and still nothing. Before I buy another motor is there anything else that would cause the auger motor to shut down. Also, I did a bench test on the motor buy hooking direct AC current to it and it did not work......Just wnat to make sure I'm not missing anything.

If you put power on the motor and it doesn't work, it would seem that the motor is defective. You could examine the motor windings closely to see if a wire broke off where you can see, but there's not much else you can do with a dead motor, IMO.

time for a new motor.

Eric

Make sure the auger is not jammed as well when you power the motor.

Make sure the auger is not jammed as well when you power the motor.

I took the motor off the auger shaft and it spun freely by hand, the end plate has the newer nylatron bushing installed which would eliminate any friction on the auger shaft. I just wanted t make sure that there wasn't something else that would cause the auger motor to shut down since I read that if the pressure switch went bad it would cause the auger motor to stop, that is why I replaced the pressure switch first (cheaper of the two)

Auger seems to be the thing that craps the bucket in the quest stove
1 of the guys on here from Denmark, that's the only thing he has replaced
on a 15 year old quest plus and mine is nearing the end of its life

Status
Not open for further replies.