1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Auger Wonders LMAO!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Hdhogger, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Hdhogger

Hdhogger Member

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Just finished vacing out hopper and auger. So i'm vacing the auger feed, pellets keep falling back, get it all clear and lo and behold with one more pull with the vac what falls back? A BIC BALL POINT PEN!!!. Right down the center of the auger. I was stunned at first and then just started laughing like hell;lol. The ball point was gone and the pen had no ink at all in lt. I have no idea how it got in there but pellets were feeding fine.
    I guess the bottom line is my stove can take 5 to 6" long pellets:cool:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Crane Stoves

Crane Stoves Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Duxbury, MA.
    LOL.... now that hilarious, I can laugh at this more then i was laughing when my kids were attempting to help daddy out one day by starting my stove with my tax returns hahaha.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Because Heatilators and Quads use a hollow spring as an auger, it may have just sat in there? Right in the center of the auger?

Congrats on the find though. That's why it's a good practice to clean your hopper monthly. There is some crazy chit that can get into a bag of pellets (factories are not perfect) or in your hopper (kids are not perfect). :)
  4. boosted3g

boosted3g Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central PA
    It might have been the same little boy that visits my house sometimes. My kids tell me his name is "wasnt me" and sometimes goes by "nobody". He is such a trouble maker and comes when you least expect it.
  5. Crane Stoves

Crane Stoves Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Duxbury, MA.
    Yep.... that lil' bastard "wasn't me" comes to my house to::-)
    SmokeyTheBear and Hdhogger like this.
  6. The Ds

The Ds Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western PA, USA
    And when the kids grow up and leave home, 'nobody' and 'wasn't me' don't come around anymore! It's weird....
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.
  7. Hdhogger

Hdhogger Member

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    "Nobody", "wasn't me" and "he did it" have been out of the nest for years and the 5 new ones (grandchildren) are to far away to break anything;lol So i'm thinking it came from a bag of pellets.
  8. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    It could be the work of stove gremlins, their handiwork is frequently found at various locations during the heating season.