auger wont feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenwire

Mar 22, 2009
ma
hi iam having a problem driving me nuts, quadrafire 1200 after reset auger feeds fire starts ,good flame,but it just burns the pellets
burn out the auger will not feed any more only on reset,the themocouple was broken i installed a new one,the stove was working fine
but i have had problems over the years 3 control boxs i replaced the complete harness when one of controle boxs burt the plug,
i have replaced the thermocouple another time ,the call light is on red,the green light in the box is on then turns red but the fire
burns out form the pellet it first droped, any help wood be great i think the box when south but at $350.00 i dont what to just try
one thanks people ......

Can someone move this to the pellet forum section?

Thats is one big sentence...

Anyway, so you say it only drops the normal "startup" pellets and nothing more? But you also said the green AND red lights activate inside the control box?

hi thanks for quick reply i am long winded sorry,lol yup light look normal as far a i can tell i do see a blue light at times, thanks

You should only see the blue light when power is restored to the stove after it was unplugged or lost power in some other way.

When the green light activates the control board should be telling the auger to feed more pellets to build up the fire, then once it hits the red light it goes into its normal cycle.

I would check power going to the auger, it wont get continuous power but it should get it in a cycle. If its not getting powered at all when the green light comes on trace the wires back to see if you can find where its getting cut off. Sounds like the board is probably not sending the power out at all after the startup since the auger works fine during the startup sequence. You could have another bad board. Those control boards have been pretty reliable for me so if your has failed again there could be underlying problem that is causing it to short out. Only time I ever see failures on them is from a surge (lightning strike) or they fail right away due to a defect (rare).

thanks jtp i'll check the circuit , i think the box is bad,there is only one power feed so it must be the box o well..

Status
Not open for further replies.