Aurora 3L1X...I think.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northsouth

Jan 18, 2014
Clinton, TN
Hey all. New to wood stoves and this forum. Just wondering if anyone has any info on these old Aurora inserts. From what I can tell, Aurora went out of business in the early '80s but the product is good.

The previous owner had put a grate in the unit which, after discovering fire brick in the bottom, I promptly removed.

Is it supposed to have brick on the sides?

Mine is set in to a block/stone/crock chimney so I feel confident running her good and hot. It's been going down to the low 20s here in east TN and I can comfortably keep it 78 (and up to 82 on occasion).

Currently burning partially seasoned hickory, oak and fully seasoned magnolia.

Any pointers, tips, knowledge, general info, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

I too just purchased a stove that looks exaclt like the one in your avatar. I have never had a stove and am hoping to learn the tips and tricks!

Status
Not open for further replies.