1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Aurora 3L1X...I think.

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by northsouth, Jan 18, 2014.

1. northsouth

northsouth New Member

Loc:
    Clinton, TN
    Hey all. New to wood stoves and this forum. Just wondering if anyone has any info on these old Aurora inserts. From what I can tell, Aurora went out of business in the early '80s but the product is good.

The previous owner had put a grate in the unit which, after discovering fire brick in the bottom, I promptly removed.

Is it supposed to have brick on the sides?

Mine is set in to a block/stone/crock chimney so I feel confident running her good and hot. It's been going down to the low 20s here in east TN and I can comfortably keep it 78 (and up to 82 on occasion).

Currently burning partially seasoned hickory, oak and fully seasoned magnolia.

Any pointers, tips, knowledge, general info, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
  3. Slp00BlueSS

Slp00BlueSS New Member

Loc:
    Michigan
    I too just purchased a stove that looks exaclt like the one in your avatar. I have never had a stove and am hoping to learn the tips and tricks!