Austoflamm Integra Auger bushing lubrication

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Nuhfer

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Ordered the auger bushing and some gaskets on 19 Nov, and they finally arrived on Dec 4th. The original auger bushing is brass or copper or bronze, while the replacement bushing is grey metal. I ordered OEM parts I thought. Anyone familiar with the new auger bushing? Question 1, any lubrication required?

You should not have to put anything on them new,however I have found spraying them with moly or graphite,when cleaning out hopper,helps prolong motor life.Check upper bushing for play also.Bob

You should not have to put anything on them new,however I have found spraying them with moly or graphite,when cleaning out hopper,helps prolong motor life.Check upper bushing for play also.Bob

The bushings cost $25 each, and it took about two weeks to receive the bushing and the gasketsI ordered on 19 Nov. My stove has been out, partially disassembled on my hearth for over three weeks and the cold weather is quickly approaching. In other words, I am going to put it back and hope I fixed it.

They are out here in montana.If it took that long it means they did not stock the parts.Hate to say it,but there are much faster and cheaper places.

We got the parts (not just that bushing) you ordered out to you the day after you ordered them though. While it did take a while for you to get those parts we can't control how long UPS takes. From the 22nd to the 4th was 6 business days. Two days taken up by Thanksgiving when UPS doesn't ship and one day for some sort of shipping disruption at one of their facilities is still less than the 10 business days that UPS gives as the maximum time that they have to deliver.

While there certainly are places out there that are cheaper than we are, not many places could beat getting an order packed up and shipped out in one day.

Mcmaster carr for auger bushings. They have the bronze ones for about 3 bucks

We got the parts (not just that bushing) you ordered out to you the day after you ordered them though. While it did take a while for you to get those parts we can't control how long UPS takes. From the 22nd to the 4th was 6 business days. Two days taken up by Thanksgiving when UPS doesn't ship and one day for some sort of shipping disruption at one of their facilities is still less than the 10 business days that UPS gives as the maximum time that they have to deliver.

While there certainly are places out there that are cheaper than we are, not many places could beat getting an order packed up and shipped out in one day.

Sean is 100% correct, they did ship early and I guess UPS took their sweet time to deliver the box. When it arrived, it was damaged and taped up. i took a picture of it, but when I opened the box, the gaskets were all enclosed in cardboard and didn't look to be damaged, so kudos to MVH for protecting the gaskets.

My first post also stated 19 Nov, and that was late at night so MVH didn't see the order until the next day, and then one day to put it all together. They did outstanding so no complaints. As far as paying more or less, I want OEM parts more than I want to save money from discount sites that may not be to OEM specifications. Not saying they aren't, just saying that with OEM parts, I know they are.

I talked to Sean last night in a chat room and he assured me that the gray bushing was right out of Austria factory, and he also indicated that my failure to order two bushings was not a show stopper as most wear and tear is in the lower bushing. So I also appogize to Mountain View Hearth Products, and as I look back to the post, I should have said MVH shipped but UPS was slow.

Attachments

• Austoflamm Integra Auger bushing lubrication
    DSCN8381 (1024x768).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 90
Sean is 100% correct, they did ship early and I guess UPS took their sweet time to deliver the box. When it arrived, it was damaged and taped up. i took a picture of it, but when I opened the box, the gaskets were all enclosed in cardboard and didn't look to be damaged, so kudos to MVH for protecting the gaskets.

My first post also stated 19 Nov, and that was late at night so MVH didn't see the order until the next day, and then one day to put it all together. They did outstanding so no complaints. As far as paying more or less, I want OEM parts more than I want to save money from discount sites that may not be to OEM specifications. Not saying they aren't, just saying that with OEM parts, I know they are.

I talked to Sean last night in a chat room and he assured me that the gray bushing was right out of Austria factory, and he also indicated that my failure to order two bushings was not a show stopper as most wear and tear is in the lower bushing. So I also appogize to Mountain View Hearth Products, and as I look back to the post, I should have said MVH shipped but UPS was slow.
Thank you sir for saying this and I appreciate you coming back and saying this when you didn't have to. One of our biggest complaints this time of year has to do with shipping and most of it beyond our control, but since we are the face that people see we get the flak when it doesn't go perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.