Austraflamm Integra pellet stove stays at med temp after startup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diane mitchell

Nov 17, 2013
Jefferson, Oregon
My pellet stove runs about medium thermostat temp and auger feed when I first start up. Typically, it runs for about 10 minutes then slows down to the low temp speed setting I have the thermostat set on. A week ago I used a different brand of pellets (which may just be a coincidence) and the stove won't reduce to the lower temp. Now even when I put my tried and true 'packsaddle' pellets, It still runs at medium. It get's hotter than heck in my house! HELP! Any ideas?

Have removed the right side panel lately?
Do you have a copy of the owners manual??
It sounds like either your thermastat knob or control board may have bit the dust.

Cleaned the stove really good. Unplugged it completely tonight and let it sit for a few minutes. Then started it again and it's working as expected. So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and not touch the thermostat dial. But I'm sure you're right about the thermostat or board. Thanks! .

Perhaps a loose or bad connection on the flat wiring connector where it plugs into the user control panel. If it happens again, maybe give it a wiggle. Might be something bigger but I always like to try the easy/cheap stuff first. It does get dirty back there.

I do have it plugged into a surge protector strip. That said, I'm not sure it's a surge protector or just a power strip. And
it's about 15 years old. Time to replace! I'll change over to a 'surge suppressor'. Thanks ! Good information!

I do have it plugged into a surge protector strip. That said, I'm not sure it's a surge protector or just a power strip. And
it's about 15 years old. Time to replace! I'll change over to a 'surge suppressor'. Thanks ! Good information!
Make sure you get a really good one like a Tripp-Lite. The cheap ones will cost you a controller board. Tripp-Lite also has an unconditional 'connected equipment replacement' guarantee.

Thanks! The stove went back to running on medium after a day. So I'm ordering the tripp-lite and going to try and remove the panel to see if any dirty loose connections. Next stop is to call the repair guy. The stove typically burns a bag of pellets a day - keeps most of our house warm. With the problem, we will burn 1 and 1/2 bags per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.