Austroflamm Integra (1994) convection fan stops running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyStove

Dec 16, 2008
northwest CT
Hi Guys - Thanks for your help in the past and please give our latest issue a passing glance if possible. Tonight while our stove was running, the convection fan started cutting out - sometimes for 15 seconds or so, then for 5 seconds, 10 seconds etc. After a few minutes of this, I shut the stove off and the convection fan continued to turn on and off until the stove cooled off enough for it to end it's cycle. As far as I can tell, the combustion fan did not stop while the convection fan was going on-off-on. I should have, but did not, check to see if the pellets were still feeding when the convection fan started acting up.

We've had the stove since 1995 and I've replaced the convection fan twice (the current fan is probably 3-4 years old). Both times, the fan began to squeal loudly - which makes the issue more confusing. If it was the bearing going bad, wouldn't it squeal like the others did? I'm planning to clean the stove and start it up again to see if the auger is feeding pellets and if the convection fan acts up again. Any advice would appreciated. Thanks.

Well the first thing I would do would be to clean the convection blower it might be overheating.

Check the contact points of any snap disc's (if applicable) and clean blower motor as Smokey said....

Blow out the motor and free all dust bunnnies and oil accordingly (again, if applicable).

Do you have the operating manual??? The manual has a specific section for erratic fan operation. Causes start at cleaning to checking voltage between various points,checking wiring for pinches, breaks, disconnects and up to replacing either user control board or main control board

I'm with DexterDay, sounds like a bad snap switch, there is a POF switch mounted on the COMBUSTION fan that tells the controller it is warm enough to run the convection blower. I believe it is a 120F normally open type. Is the stove connected to a thermostat?

Status
Not open for further replies.