Austroflamm integra fire goes out auger keeps running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Kennedy

Sep 17, 2012
NW CT
austroflamm integra insert hard wired to a room thermostat
Starts up runs perfectly, when room is up to temp normally the fire will throttle back to a minimum
Now the fire in the burn pot goes out , but the auger keeps turning filling the burn pot with pellets and backing up the feed tube,eventually keeps grinding until the auger jams.
Stove was completely cleaned , gaskets replaced before the season.
Door gasket good
Unit is thoroughly cleaned weekly, flue is cleaned every 3/4 tons
Any suggestions
Limit switches?

Sounds odd. Are you sure you're using a millivolt tstat?

Yes,Thermostat was supplied with the stove, actually has the austroflamm logo on it,has worked fine for the last couple of seasons

And you have it attached to the correct jumpers?

POF switch? Perhaps it thinks there's fire when there isnt.

Is the airflow sensor clean?

Any idea where this would be located and/or what it looks like
Thanks
Sorry, I began responding thinking you didn't know where the aiflow sensor was. I've amended my replies here.

There are two limit switches, one on the right side of the stove near the convection fan. The other is on the combustion fan. The one near the convection fan should be only tight enough to barely make physical contact with the mounting, to allow for expansion. You might test them.

Also, be sure that your plenum (the area of the stove at the bottom, in which the burn pot sits) is free of debris, ash and unburned pellets. Because the opening is about 6" in diameter, I used the lid from an empty container of ricotta cheese and cut a hole large enough for my vacuum nozzle to fit in to create a seal. You'd be surprised what you'll hear rattling through the vacuum hose if it's the first time you're doing that.

Others may have better ideas, but that's all I have for now. By the way, do you have the manual for the stove? I found it to be very helpful as a reference.

Last edited:
BTW, if you didn't know where the limit switch was, it's entirely possible your cleaning regimen was not thorough. There's a 'port' on the same side as the airflow sensor (right hand side of the stove as you're facing it) covered by a trapezoid-shaped plate. That leads to a channel that runs along the back of the stove behind and below the rakes and lets out right near the combustion fan impeller. If you haven't gotten in there with a brush to clean that area out, then you're not burning efficiently. There are also holes behind the heat exchangers that can get plugged up that lead to the chamber that I'm talking about. If those holes get plugged, you've got problems. In either case, you might consider removing the stove and doing a REAL thorough cleaning before getting any deeper into the winter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.