Austroflamm Integra II Trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddyburns

Jul 19, 2008
central mass
Installed my Austroflamm Integra II in January and burned about 3 tons through it before the problems began.

Yesterday, after a quick cleaning, I noticed the combustion blower began shutting off and restarting during the startup cycle. The fire would get lazy and then pick up again. This morning, i noticed the convection blower would also shut down when the combustion blower was shutting off. It is possible to see the back of the combustion motor housing spinning, so its pretty easy to see and hear when these motors stop. Also, the convection blower makes an short noise (like an electric motor straining) when it restarts and goes to full power... The display panel shows no error codes indicating sensor failures. Typically, this stove runs like a clock but now everything is completely erratic.

No dealer service tech is available to do the repair for over two weeks.... I spoke to both the dealer and distributor to see if they had any suggestions and pulled the top and side of the stove apart to check it our. There are no loose connections that I can identify. The Air intake sensor is clean and nothing interfering with the convection blower... Other than that, the only thing I get is that neither the dealer nor the distributor have ever seen anything like this.

Any ideas?

Ed.

eddyburns said:
Installed my Austroflamm Integra II in January and burned about 3 tons through it before the problems began.....Any ideas?
Since you've run 3 tons through it, have the combustion and convection blowers been removed from the stove after each ton or so and thoughoughly cleaned? The convection motor may even have oiling ports.

Mine kinda does the same thing on start up, but the combustion blower seems fine. I do hear a sound that sounds like something straining, but I just think its the combustion motor spinning up real high. I have an insert, so I can see the motor from the back of the stove. I will look at mine the next time on start up. Interesting.

Manual says not to put oil on it. During normal operation, it is fine, if his is anything like mine, it only lasts for 5 or so seconds 5 minutes into the startup cycle. Hard to pinpoint the source.

I had a close to simular problem with my stove a couple years back. Check the door gasket. If you are not getting a good seal the intake air sensor doesn't sense any air flow and will shut the stove down. Remember these stoves have no damper and the amount of combustion air is controlled by the temp setting and monitored by the intake air sensor.

John

Link to manual

http://www.butkus.org/whitfield_pellet_stove.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.