Austroflamm Integra problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mattias424

Dec 15, 2016
Österbybruk Sweden
Hello guys!

I'm new to the forum and I've been looking through most of the posts here to see if anyone has the same problem as I do. I didn't find anything so here comes my problem. Hope someone can help. My Austroflamm integra just stays on for like 1 second. I just see the auger red light turn on and then power is directly cut out. I tried alot of things. One thing I noted though is that when I unplug the air sensor. The auger stays on feeding as it should. No auto lit but if I light it up manually all fans are working. But after this startup it stops feeding, I believe it's because it's not supposed to run without the air sensor so this is most likely a safety feature. Should I just try changing my air sensor? Or do you guys think it could be another problem?

Best regards
Mattias

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

It sounds like the air sensor is being told you have air issues ... have you checked your door/hopper/ash pan (as applies) gaskets using the dollar bill test? Dollar bill or similar paper closed in the door. If it can be removed easily, time to replace your gaskets. How old is the stove? When was the last time you did a deep clean on the internal stove exhaust pathways, exhaust blower and venting?

Tech manual: http://pelletstoverepair.com/IntegraTechManual.pdf

This thread goes through other potential problems if it is not the air sensor. https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/ausroflamm-integra-auger-feed-problems.90164/

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Hi Lake Girl,
I've been cleaning it out removing the panels and scrapping the rods making sure the holes between heat exchange tubes are free and open. It wasn't long since a mechanic also cleaned out the whole stove. This was done only 5-6 weeks ago before I got access to our new home. By then it was working, just that it needed manual startup. Now I changed the autoignitor element and it worked for 2-3 times after this but then I got this new problem with air sensor. I'm new to pellets stoves overall and this austroflamm integra in particular. The stove is the integra v1 with the potentiometer knob and on/off switch and fuse. No fancy digitals here. The exact year I'm not sure about. But it should for sure be from before 1999 when austroflamm discontinued selling pellets stoves in Sweden. The thing is that the stove just barely turns on just to shut off right away if air sensor is connected. If I just unplug it. The auger fills the burn pot normally. And fans go as they should. I guess I have Eprom v3.1 because I have the delay start for the auto-ignition. Maybe I should just try changing the air sensor? Or do you think the stove could already be clogged somewhere. Were I haven't managed to clean or forgot to clean it out?

Did you check the door gaskets for tight seals as that would create a disturbance in air flow? Detailed cleaning instructions start on page 25 of the manual above so you can go through that to see if you've missed anything.

The tech manual recommends cleaning the air sensor with approved solvent yearly (Radio Shack aerosol degreaser - yes I know there are no Radio Shacks in Sweden so electronics aerosol degreaser:)). If it hasn't been cleaned in a while, could make the difference. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking you should try changing the air sensor since the combustion blower seems to be working and the auger is feeding. Make sure you unplug the stove before working in the cabinet.

Do you have the stove on a surge protector bar or UPS? If not, should do that to protect circuit boards. Mind you, being that it is at least 17 years old, it has served it's owners well.

Keep us posted!

Hi again!
I also read the post about logic problems. Thinking that it might be something similar going on with my stove. I noticed that after I plug the stove back in it doesn't have power right away. Is this normal? I haven't seen anything about this in the manual. It takes a few minutes for it to build up sufficient energy or at least that's how it behaves. Is there some major capacitor that needs to be charged? Or is this simply abnormal behaviour?
I'm off to the store today to get some electronic degreaser for the air sensor. Also I'll have another look in the manual. I also contacted my sales man over here and seems like I'm lucky and they have air sensor in stock in case I need a new one. Most likely with my luck.
Our house was built in 1977 and then it was normal not to have earthed sockets. I'm thinking about converting the whole house but so far I haven't had the time or the money to do this.
Thanks for the help so far,
I'll let you know later how things are going.

I live in a small town and from time to time it shows. In the local iron store they didn't have electronic degreaser. We are expecting our first born baby any day now so we will see when I'll have time to go someplace else to shop. I ordered a new air sensor so maybe it will show up before I get time to try cleaning out the old air sensor.
We will see. I'll keep you all posted I promise.

Is there some major capacitor that needs to be charged?
Only capacitor mentioned was on the combustion motor.
Did the stove shop figure air sensor also or are they suggesting it might be something else?

We are expecting our first born baby any day now
Congratulations with wishes for a safe delivery and healthy little one:) Enjoy every minute ... even the tough ones.

Stop right now.The European older austroflamms were different than what we have in the usa.At times they also had different parts>would love to help you(and would also love to visit your beautiful country),but too many differences of the stoves.

Thanks for the heads-up bob. He has been in contact with the stove shop where the stove was bought ... ordering the air sensor. Hopefully they can get him on the right path but, like many of us, he seems to be fairly rural and a service call would be $$$.

Hi Bob thanks for the heads up. I'm aware of a few differences like voltage. But besides this it's seems to be very much the same. We are in the hospital and seems like there will be a baby delivered by midnight local time here. Very excited and I guess I won't have time for the stove in awhile. When I get it back in order I'll remember to let you all know. Thanks for all the help and support [emoji173]

Don't keep us in suspense on the baby too...
a223d26d9e747486688f52edda82ba59.jpg

This little guy was born yesterday 06:32 in the morning. So he's about 1 day and 1 hour old. Already stole both mommy and daddy's heart. [emoji173]

Needless to say there will be some time until I'll be working on the stove again.
I'll try changing the air sensor and hopefully that will do the trick.

Well you never know what it's like being a dad for the first time.
They apparently sleep alot in the beginning and in between they are very dependent upon mom. So I found myself sometime working with the stove. I found out something new. I can get the stove running but it takes a few tricks. First I need to disconnect the air sensor. Then I turn the stove on. Let the pellets go in to the burnpot. As the fan starts spinning up I light it up manually. When it gets hot enough the blower fan starts spinning. Then I reconnect the air sensor and.... voila! It works! All by itself. Know I'm thinking that there is a faulty sensor but maybe it's something else than air sensor? Could it be HT switch or LT switch?

Anyone knows what the 4 cables are for? The ones connected to the air sensor.

The air sensor is a BMW mass air flow sensor.You can look it up from there.You probably have a bad air flow sensor,or a bad capacitor on the control board,meaning bad control board.

Thanks Bob,
I'll have a look at it. New air sensor should be arriving any day now. Hoping that it's not the control board since that will need a professional to repair it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Really nothing new to add more than today the stove just works. Don't ask me how. I turn it on and it stays on. I guess it's just one of those Christmas miracles. I tried it twice today and worked both times!

Reactions: pinetop12
Merry Christmas everyone!

Really nothing new to add more than today the stove just works. Don't ask me how. I turn it on and it stays on. I guess it's just one of those Christmas miracles. I tried it twice today and worked both times!

Excellent, Congratulations on the 'birth' and the 'fix-it' !! I love it when my mechanical things heal themselves! Plenty of opportunity in my workshop for hundreds of Christmas Miracles:cool:, Thanks for sharing yours, and happy heating !

Merry Christmas to you ... glad to hear it is working as it should again!
Unfortunately it was just for Christmas eve now it's back to not working as it should. Still I can do the work around I've been telling you about before. So still looking to solve the problem but just not as urgent since there's a workaround and we don't need to freeze at least
Merry Christmas to you ... glad to hear it is working as it should again!
Unfortunately it was just for Christmas eve now it's back to not working as it should. Still I can do the work around I've been telling you about before. So still looking to

Now I got the new air sensor and mounted it in place. Unfortunately it's not the air sensor that seems to be the problem. Does the air sensor have other logic checks? I'm thinking that maybe it's a faulty low temp switch. When I turn on the stove now it's blinking fast and nothing else seems to be happening.

Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

As if a new baby isn't enough to stress you, the stove has to mess around with you too! Limit switches failing is not uncommon and may have inconsistent symptoms as you are experiencing. Shouldn't be too hard to source and replace. Keep us posted...