Austroflamm Integra problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I had a look at the low temp switch and bypassed it. Works fine. I seem to be having problems with high temp switch though. But seems like it's intermittent. Would this explain the workaround I have to do? Disconnecting the air sensor and as soon as the convection blower starts I can connect the air sensor back online and the stove works until I shut it down again.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

The work around sounds more like the low limit sensor as things are OK once it closes and starts the room blower. The limit switches are the cheapest repairs to make so it may not hurt to replace both. I know the cost in here runs around $15 USD per switch... no idea what your costs would be...

Reactions: pinetop12
You're right Lake Girl,
I was also thinking it should be low limit switch that's why I tried that one out first according to rules of the manual. It works without flaws. The high limit switch though sometimes give me a hard time even in the work around. It has an intermittent problem. Sometimes it allows the convection fan to work and sometimes not and when it's not letting it work it also shuts down the auger of course. I'm confused though because I believe there's nothing in the air sensor that checks if the high temp switch is working. So the problem should come when the stove is already lit up and when the high temp should kick in and won't do it. Then I guess the stove would shut down, this if the high temp switch wouldn't work at all. Another observation this morning was that when the door is open it seems that the stove starts the start up process and start feeding pellets but shuts down later. In my opinion I have two air sensors and I believe both is working because they do the exact same thing. Is there anything I can have missed cleaning out? That would cause this to happen. I'll try more later with the door open to see if stove will start with door open. Is there any sensor in V1 of Austroflamm integra for the door?

Not sure on the European models but stoves in the US do not allow the auger to continue to operate with the door open. In the US, some stoves have a safety switch that connects when the latch secured by the door being closed; some stoves have a hopper lid switch that functions the same. With the door open, the vacuum switch would not be satisfied so it should shut down the auger on the stove as well (whether there is a safety switch or not). The air sensor appears to function like the vacuum switch commonly used on most stoves available in the US.

Looking at the diagram for the US model, looks like the high limit is in line with the auger wiring but on different sides of the internal control panel. For the small investment of a high limit switch, I would replace it to see if that cures the problem.

PS ... How's the baby?:)

I for sure will replace the high limit switch that's a very small cost compared to everything I already spent on this stove. I'm really wondering if it wasn't worth changing the whole stove for something newer. It has come this far. And now I'm afraid that it might be something wrong with the mainboard. What goes against it is that it's all working well after the workaround. Today I had trouble though when I reconnect the air sensor. The auger and convection motor runs erratically. On half a sec and then off like half a sec and then it goes on and off on and off. I have a new convection fan also. So I'll change it as well. The old one has some bad bearings but still working ok. In the manual it says not to secure the high limit switch to hard for it to be able to break the connection mine is really loose and it seems a little odd to me.

Baby Enzo seems to be having a little stomach ache but we bought a heating pillow and I try to burp him more often after eating and also we got him some drops that should do good for his stomach. He also doesn't like sleeping at night but this seems to be a very common thing for newborn babies. I don't think I need to change anything more than diapers though because he's otherwise in perfect condition [emoji23]

Hi been busy plowing.The 2 snap switches on an integra(over here) 1-on the combustion blower,is proof of fire,keeps the stove running.#2 turns on the room blower,nothing more.Is not a hi limit switch.BUTm I have seen other diagrams,and there are other versions,factory and country modified.But everything you are saying,with your intermittent problems tells me the can capacitors are bad on your control board,causing intermitten problems.

Hi again Bob Bare and thanks for the input. This is my fear. That there's something wrong with the mainboard. I believe I can't fix that myself so I guess someone will have to take a look at it. Here I only have the 0-1 that means stove on or off. When I snap it in 1 (obviously the on position). It has a startup sequence. Starting to feed pellets with the auger into the burnpot. Also it turns on the heater element which automatically lights up the stove. As the fire gets stronger and heating up the stove there's another sensor ( I believe the high limit switch) that turns the convection fan on. I do have the output control in form of a turning knob that I can control the intensity of the fire as well of course. I really do start to believe that I have a mainboard issue here. Like you said the capacitors on the board might very well be causing this kind of trouble. And I guess the guy before me who had it for a long time just enjoyed the care free years and never did much of service on the stove. So now I'm stuck with this part.

Hi again Bob Bare and thanks for the input. This is my fear. That there's something wrong with the mainboard. I believe I can't fix that myself so I guess someone will have to take a look at it. Here I only have the 0-1 that means stove on or off. When I snap it in 1 (obviously the on position). It has a startup sequence. Starting to feed pellets with the auger into the burnpot. Also it turns on the heater element which automatically lights up the stove. As the fire gets stronger and heating up the stove there's another sensor ( I believe the high limit switch) that turns the convection fan on. I do have the output control in form of a turning knob that I can control the intensity of the fire as well of course. I really do start to believe that I have a mainboard issue here. Like you said the capacitors on the board might very well be causing this kind of trouble. And I guess the guy before me who had it for a long time just enjoyed the care free years and never did much of service on the stove. So now I'm stuck with this part.

well,being over there,and different voltages,i cannot help much more,good luck and stay warm.

Maatias, not sure what you have available locally but there are board repair services in the US. You may want to try to see if there are similar services in Sweden. Computer or electronics repair shop may be able to help...

Thanks Lake Girl,
I'll see if there's someone who can help. I'll wait a little though because we will any day now have a heating pump installed. Then I can live without the stove for awhile.

And all of a sudden. After waiting a bit I can start it without problem. Let's see if it stays in working order.

[emoji23]

OK.I talked to Joe--http://www.pelletstoverepair.com/,andhe thinks you have a very simple problem with your board,but he is going to reread your posts,and see if he has the proper equipment to test your board,as the voltages are different.He will register for this forum,or contact me,then I will post.He also said is not first time he has helped people out in the eu.Hang in there,we will get you running as economically as possible.Bob

Reactions: Lake Girl
Hello guys!

I'm new to the forum and I've been looking through most of the posts here to see if anyone has the same problem as I do. I didn't find anything so here comes my problem. Hope someone can help. My Austroflamm integra just stays on for like 1 second. I just see the auger red light turn on and then power is directly cut out. I tried alot of things. One thing I noted though is that when I unplug the air sensor. The auger stays on feeding as it should. No auto lit but if I light it up manually all fans are working. But after this startup it stops feeding, I believe it's because it's not supposed to run without the air sensor so this is most likely a safety feature. Should I just try changing my air sensor? Or do you guys think it could be another problem?

Best regards
Mattias

Hello Mattias,
I have been reading about your stove problems and have a few ideas. First, unplugging the air sensor is not an option. It must be installed for the stove to do anything. The air sensor is probably ok and the problem is in the main board.
Does your stove run on 120Volts AC or 230Volts? I repair the control boards and for your problems I normally have people send me the main board and the air sensor so I can test them and repair the problem.
I have a factory service manual on my web site www.pelletstoverepair.com for you to download if that helps.
You can contact me by email [email protected]
Hope I can help you,
Joe Narduzzi

Hi Joe!
That's great news! Hope it's a simple problem. When I let the stove on without the air sensor then it's basically in shut down mode but fans still running I guess. No auger and also no automatic start. I usually put pellets manually in the burnpot and light it up. Then if I unplug air sensor it works. All fans stay on and when sufficiently hot it turns the convection fan on. That's when I usually plug in the air sensor again. What happens next is that the auger goes on and cuts out every other second. 1 sec on and then off. This is because loss of power I believe and I can also hear and see the convection fan starting to spin but cuts out directly. After about 1-3 min depending how cold it is I believe it stays on for longer and longer and then all of a sudden it stays on. This startup procedure is of course not the right thing to do. It takes a lot of time and attention and I also think it's not good that the stove cuts power on and off several times. I want it working as it's supposed to of course. I have a 230V. I know you guys run 120 over there.
Any help appreciated. Because I know I'm not able to get it working on my own.

I have a factory service manual on my web site www.pelletstoverepair.com for you to download if that helps.
Thanks for the manual Joe! I did link to that earlier in the thread ... and Bob jumped all over it since it is a different voltage system:) Something to keep in mind when European pellet burners come looking for help. Hope you have the capacity to test out the board for his system. I tried searching for a similar service in Sweden but didn't come up with anything.

FYI - shipping costs may be interesting. The regular rate for a parcel I sent to my daughter in the UK was $80 and it will take a month! Double that if sent by air and still over a week for delivery.

Hi Mattias 424,
I had the same problem with my integra.
i change the capacitors on the mainboard yesterday and it work now fine.
In Sweden you find the capacitors at ELFA, they are cheap just 10 sek and it is easy to changes.

Hi Mattias 424,
I had the same problem with my integra.
i change the capacitors on the mainboard yesterday and it work now fine.
In Sweden you find the capacitors at ELFA, they are cheap just 10 sek and it is easy to changes.
Nick, Thanks for joining the forum! Extremely helpful bit of info for Mattias. Could you pass on the specs on the capacitors? Any pics of the board when you were doing the repair? The tricky part is being able to solder isn't it? Are there shops/services that do electronics or computer repairs that would be best to try?

Any direction would be appreciated....

Thanks for the info!
That's great news. Let's just hope that I can find someone who knows how to solder. I've done a bit but not with this kind of precision so I believe I would prefer to let a pro do it. But I believe there should be someone who could help me with this here in Sweden. What's your say on this Joe? You believe this is the problem?

Many thanks for all the help I've been getting on this forum. I for sure will let you all know when the stove is back in full working order.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Let's just hope that I can find someone who knows how to solder. I've done a bit but not with this kind of precision so I believe I would prefer to let a pro do it. But I believe there should be someone who could help me with this here in Sweden.
I've been watching this thread as I used to have your same model of Austroflamm and it was a great stove. Used it for so many years, we literally wore it out. Also my wife is Swedish, so we have two things in common!

As to finding someone to do the repairs. I'm not sure how large of a city you may have in your vicinity, but look in your directory for a professional electronics retailer, like someone who sells professional video or audio equipment. If they do not have a shop, they will have a list of people who do. I used to do broadcast video repair as a sideline, and contracted to shops like this.

One thing I didn't see mentioned, but might have missed. The Austroflamm can be very susceptible to voltage surges and spikes as it is an analog system. You must absolutely have it connected to a high-quality surge suppressor,

Best of luck in getting it repaired!

Reactions: Mattias424
Thanks I'll have a look around and see what shops I can find.
Also I'll see if there is a good surge suppressor that I can buy around here.

Thanks for the info!
That's great news. Let's just hope that I can find someone who knows how to solder. I've done a bit but not with this kind of precision so I believe I would prefer to let a pro do it. But I believe there should be someone who could help me with this here in Sweden. What's your say on this Joe? You believe this is the problem?

Many thanks for all the help I've been getting on this forum. I for sure will let you all know when the stove is back in full working order.

Sorry I am late getting back,been fixing trucks and plowing snow,which is why I fixed you up with joe,as he is very good and honest with his work.I talked to my friends in sweden,and they could not find any repair shops/places for austroflamm boards.Is good to know that Joe can repair the different voltage boards for our over the pond neighbors.

Hello!
Long time since I've been online on the forum. I did more testing on my Austroflamm Integra. From what I understand the stove starts for about 2-3 sec with red light and auger starting to feed then it cuts out. I discovered that when I take the cable out from the air sensor. It continues to run! This means I have bad pressure in the system? I've already changed the air sensor thinking it was faulty. Obviously it seems like I have a chimney problem. Because I believe that it's the air sensor making the stove shut down as it should if the pressure is not right. I called a guy to clean out the chimney to see if that helps. Summer seems to be over and it seems like cold weather and rain moving in. High time to get the stove working again if we don't want to be sitting in a cold house. [emoji6]