Austroflamm Wega Wood Cook Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to help a client track down info on his Wega Corner Cook Stove by Austroflamm that he inherited with his house.

He had the stove and chimney removed from his living room due to a water leak. He's now considering reinstalling in a finished sun room or possibly selling.

He contacted me about re-installation. He has the manual which provides detailed installation instructions. My concern is that we cannot find a product label affixed to the stove. Without knowing that this stove was tested and listed I would only install it as an "unlisted" stove and follow the requist requirements for clearances and floor protection.

There isn't even a serial number, just a metallic sticker that says "Prototype."

If this is the case I imagine he would rather sell the stove.

Austroflamm is still in business, but their website doesn't list any US dealers.
I was wondering if anyone knows if they no longer distribute in the US and if so why? Safety concerns, emissions, etc.

Even if I can prove the stove is listed and can install according the manual, I would still need to track down replacement fire bricks. This stove has an odd shaped fire box and does not take the standard rectangular bricks.

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Its a very pretty unit as you can see from the picture.
DSCN0435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it says prototype on a sticker on it then I would take it as unlisted. Never seen a stove like that before or heard of Austroflamm, looks nice but I wouldn't install it in the house, garage maybe.

I would sell that stove and buy a new one, that is scary that it has been sitting that close to the wall. I would check out the studs on that wall as well to check to see if they need to be replaced.

If it is not on this list I wouldn't recommend installing it in your house: http://www.epa.gov/oecaerth/resources/publications/monitoring/caa/woodstoves/certifiedwood.pdf

If you can't prove from the stove - then you must prove from the manual. If that manual doesn't say "listed" or "tested" or some other thing to prove it innocent - it is guilty.

Sorry - no info on the stove. Pretty unique looking though.

It's a gorgeous appliance. I might be tempted to try contacting Austroflamm to see what they could tell you about it. It may never have been put into production, so may never have been tested/listed...and the EPA could well have never even heard of it. Good luck. Rick

Trying to help a client track down info on his Wega Corner Cook Stove by Austroflamm that he inherited with his house.

He had the stove and chimney removed from his living room due to a water leak. He's now considering reinstalling in a finished sun room or possibly selling.

He contacted me about re-installation. He has the manual which provides detailed installation instructions. My concern is that we cannot find a product label affixed to the stove. Without knowing that this stove was tested and listed I would only install it as an "unlisted" stove and follow the requist requirements for clearances and floor protection.

There isn't even a serial number, just a metallic sticker that says "Prototype."

If this is the case I imagine he would rather sell the stove.

Austroflamm is still in business, but their website doesn't list any US dealers.
I was wondering if anyone knows if they no longer distribute in the US and if so why? Safety concerns, emissions, etc.

Even if I can prove the stove is listed and can install according the manual, I would still need to track down replacement fire bricks. This stove has an odd shaped fire box and does not take the standard rectangular bricks.

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Its a very pretty unit as you can see from the picture.
Hello,
I'm looking to buy a Wega corner stove. I know is old model.
The factory doesn't make it any more.
Do you have any ideas where I can find one? It may be a used model, as long as it works

thx

Last edited by a moderator:
That could be a challenge. Search in online classified listings, eBay, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.