Auto Clean Motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2009
Kutztown, PA
my stove has been off since this morning because it warmed up here, so I just went down to clean my glass and I saw that the pot floor was 95 percent open. I could hear the autoclean motor running and after looking on the thermostat, It said clean ashpan, however the pan was empty. I unplugged stove and the pot floor opened all the way as it is supposed to upon replugging into electric outlet, however, the motor will not close the floor. The motor is running and there is no obstruction that I can see. So I am guessing it is time for a new autoclean motor. Is there anything else I can try before going that route?

I seem to recall sometimes a bolt loosens up, but can't recall if its on the linkage or motor itself.

Maybe pull the ashpan and take a look when its trying to close and see what happens.

If the motor is running, it may be all right. As smoke show said, check the linkage.

Well I found the problem, I had a small chunk of ash buildup on the pot floor that was hanging up. I chiselled it off and lubed the rails and all is well.

Great! Thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.