auto draft control for woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyro68

Sep 15, 2007
east coast
looking for a auto draft control to mount on a wood stove, similar to the ones mounted on the old VC stoves. don't really know what to call it, some of the old Jotul stoves had it on the door, round disc type. Any one have any ideas where one can be purchased?
Thanks
rk

The new Vermont Castings stoves still have a thermostatic damper as do BlazeKing stoves. I don't believe this can be retrofitted.

i installed a simple electronic temp controller on my PE summit.there was a so called ebt on mine.i took it off and replaced it will this.its not variable.just something simple that cant really screw up and get a overfire while your away.i have it set up so i set my main dampner to the heat output and and burn time i want.then as the wood burns down and cools i have a set temp to open up the secondary air valve and add more air.

Status
Not open for further replies.