Auto Fan Setting; Hampton Insert HI300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My manual states to never turn on fan, unless stove has burned for 30 minutes and don't turn on for 30 minutes after reload. I have a auto setting, on the fan. Can I leave it on the auto setting and it won't come on for 30 minutes or do I have to turn it off, everytime I reload and wait 30 minutes and then turn it off again? It seems like a lot of messing with it. I would think since it must have something to do, with getting the temp up high enough, that if in auto mode, it wouldn't come on unless hot enough.

I've got the same stove, but the ugly version! I just leave the fan on auto the entire time. In order to sustain a secondary burn the fire box must be very hot (upwards of 1000 F) and if the fan comes on too soon it will rob the fire box of the much needed heat. Once the fan is on though, I don't turn it off during a reload because within minutes the flames are dancing away inside and the temperature is climbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.