Auto on/off setting doesnt shut stove down?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedarjunki

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2015
Upstate NY
2008 eviro evolution.
Been running a few days on high/low with a thermostat and just decided to try the auto setting. When the thermostat reached the temp the stove just went into low mode instead of shutting down. So in other words the hi/low and auto settings are acting the same.. any ideas?
All i can think of is the switch not fully sliding into position or not making contact.?.

i have an enviro mini. this is how mine works in auto. it stays on low for 30 minutes than shuts down, unless the thermostat calls for heat before that.this keeps the stove from starting and turning off so often. if i want the stove to shut down before the 30 minutes i can hit the on off button and it shuts down in 3 minutes

Reactions: Cedarjunki
i have an enviro mini. this is how mine works in auto. it stays on low for 30 minutes than shuts down, unless the thermostat calls for heat before that.this keeps the stove from starting and turning off so often. if i want the stove to shut down before the 30 minutes i can hit the on off button and it shuts down in 3 minutes

Guess ill have to keep my fingers off it for 30 minutes ;em

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.