auto-vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet

Nov 11, 2008
Canada
The air vent is leaking a small drop of water from the valve on top . It has No.67 auto-vent Maid-O-Mist written on the side of it and was installed on the furnace when it was insalled in the late 1960's . I am wondering if this item is still available or is there another type that is available ? Living in a small outport community in Atlantic Canada doesn't make it easy getting parts .

Maid o mist is still available as is a number of different manufactuers taco makes one too.Automatic air release is what there
Called.I'm surprised that the one you have lasted that long.You can buy them online Pex Supply has them As do others.

Humplumb said:
Maid o mist is still available as is a number of different manufactuers taco makes one too.Automatic air release is what there
Called.I'm surprised that the one you have lasted that long.You can buy them online Pex Supply has them As do others.
I am 100% sure it has been there since 1976 and can't ever remember my late father having to get it changed as I lived here since the home was built by him in 1966-7 . The same can be said for the copper pipe and cast iron baceboards . Not bad for a home that is built on an island out in the Atlantic ocean with the salt air all around us . My bacement isn't damp and I guess that is why . I wonder will the replacement last that long .

Status
Not open for further replies.