Automatic fan not starting on my Pacific Energy Super Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningBrutus

Oct 24, 2013
Amherst, NY
Hello, all of a sudden my automatic fan is not starting as usual, i got pacific energy super insert up to 500 and it didnt come on, is this a easy fix i can do myself, please help. Currently it runs in manual mode.

Thank you

Chris

Hello, all of a sudden my automatic fan is not starting as usual, i got pacific energy super insert up to 500 and it didnt come on, is this a easy fix i can do myself, please help. Currently it runs in manual mode.

Thank you

Chris

Check your owners manual, there should be some sort of sensor that controls the fan. That may need replacing, it will also tell you the temp it kicks in.

bob

On my Super it is just a snap disk that turns it on in auto. Shouldn't be expensive or hard to replace. Should be able to get it from your PE dealer.

Could also be the Snap Disc is making poor contact with the stove surface

Maybe I shouldn't of replied to this thread. My blower started acting up on auto yesterday, coming off and on constantly, and then completely gave up the ghost this morning. It must of heard us talking about it. Guess I'll have to call the dealer and check into that warranty Lol..

I have had this happen to me a couple of times with my insert. Symptoms were that it ran in manual mode, but the stove would need to get very hot to start automatically. The problem I was having was that ash was getting between the sensor and the metal and so insulating the sensor from heat. I took off the grill in front of the sensor, cleaned it up, pushed the sensor more firmly against the metal, and finally fashioned an aluminum foil "hat" right above the sensor to prevent ash from hitting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.