Autraflame Integra pre 2006 auger problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hienzs

Jan 31, 2014
Ma
Hi and Thank You for reading my post

I have a Astra flam Integra, believe a year 2000. It has work great for many years with basic maintenance and 1 auger motor replacement. recently the blower motor started to develop a bearing noise and kept running after the unit was shut off. So I replaced the blower fan and am awaiting a low limit switch. Now when attempting to start the stove I get no auger movement, The auger light on the control panel turns on and off as it normally would but the auger does not turn. I have verified the auger is not jammed and am at a lose what to look at next.

I should add that prior to replacing the blower motor I was getting some out of the ordinary start up, As I said the blower motor ran all the time, so the low limit was defiantly bad, but also for the 2 weeks prior when I would hit the on button the blower motor would stop and the auger light would pulsate. turn it back off again the blower motor would restart. after a couple minutes of warming up everything would start normal. Once running it would run fine.

I doubt the switch is bad at all.Does not directly control the motor anyway.You have classic symtoms of a bad main board.

I doubt the switch is bad at all.Does not directly control the motor anyway.You have classic symtoms of a bad main board.

Hi Bob and thanks for answering.

Couple questions on my next options. Have to admit I really like this stove and would want to fix it then buy new. So 1 where would I find a replacement board and what kind of ball park am I looking at? 2. can they be repaired? is that a viable option?. I saw mention in other threads of someone who fixes and or tests?

Closest to you would be bruners bits and pieces,has website,or just search austroflamm board repair.Prob. around 200.Many places sell new ones,375 to 500.Old integras last long time,if you are used to it I would reccomend fixing.Sometimes the places have rebuilt boards in stock and you can get one in a few days.Some of the people on here are stove repair shops,they may have a rebuilt board,they will chime in if they see post.

Status
Not open for further replies.