Auxilary Water Storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty2

Mar 14, 2008
West Coast
Aside from customizing propane tanks and building in-ground storage... what recommendations do you have for 'off the shelf' hot water storage...say in the 1000/1500 gallon range?
Is SS better? or will a regular steel tank work?
do most folks spray foam auxiliary tanks?
Regards, Scotty

Well I'm no expert by any means but I would say it depends on if you are going pressurized or nonpressurized.

If non is your way to go then as far as holding the water goes anything that will hold the capacity you are looking for will work then you adapt your exchange method to that. And insulate by any means necessary.

If pressurized is your way to go then I would think you would need some kind of certified vessel to hold the capacity (propane tank, air tank, ect.). Material doesn't matter much on pressurized because once the O2 is depleted from the system it shouldn't be able to rust any.

Status
Not open for further replies.