avacado wood????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ketoret

Jan 9, 2008
Israel
it so happens that the grove across from where i work did some radical pruning, and there are limbs of at least 10" diameter just sitting there waiting to be burnt in a stove next winter. lots and lots of 'em. does anyone have any experience with avacado wood or know anything about it?

avOcado, excuse my spelling. i was raised in kentucky, where the state motto was "thank GOD for Alabama!"

I just trimmed a large lilac which I will be burning a year or two from now. Don't think it will be easy to find info on it's burning qualitites but I'm sure it will burn fine. I have a bit of pear waiting to be fully seasoned. My point is that most all wood is good to burn, its just that some is so seldom available that it's hard to get info on it. I'd take all the 10" limbs of most anything if it were available. Someone here may have experience with it as stove wood but if not, love to hear how it burns for you.

Most fruit trees are high in the BTU range and make excellent firewood.

It seems that, with a few exceptions, most wood is worth the effort to collect and process, especially if it is free!! Grab as much of it as you can!!!

Well, it is a stone fruit so it should burn great.

Status
Not open for further replies.