Avalon 900-ps Questions for New Member

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wmarazita

Jun 15, 2011
Southern California
Hello to all,

I was searching around the web for info on pellet stoves and came across this forum. Wow! What a resource! This is my first post, probably of many.

I recently purchased a log cabin that has a brick surround in one of the rooms with a vent hole to the outside. I have started doing research and looking for a pellet stove that might work in this room. I must admit, I know very little about pellet stoves. There is already a pellet stove in another room in the cabin, so I know some of the basics, I guess.

There is a pellet stove (used) advertised near me and I was wondering what input the forum would have on the model and the price. I am considering going to look at it but don't really even know what questions to ask or what to examine when I get there. The stove is an Avalon 900-ps Serial #2616 and it is said to be in good working order. The asking price is $500. I am trying to find out any info that anyone would have on the quality and price of this stove and what considerations I might look out for. The stove will be installed into a room that is only about 300 sg feet.

Not quite sure if I have made clear what I am doing or if I have given enough info. Any help would be appreciated for a very new and green pellet stove owner.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

wmarazita said:
Hello to all,

I was searching around the web for info on pellet stoves and came across this forum. Wow! What a resource! This is my first post, probably of many.

I recently purchased a log cabin that has a brick surround in one of the rooms with a vent hole to the outside. I have started doing research and looking for a pellet stove that might work in this room. I must admit, I know very little about pellet stoves. There is already a pellet stove in another room in the cabin, so I know some of the basics, I guess.

There is a pellet stove (used) advertised near me and I was wondering what input the forum would have on the model and the price. I am considering going to look at it but don't really even know what questions to ask or what to examine when I get there. The stove is an Avalon 900-ps Serial #2616 and it is said to be in good working order. The asking price is $500. I am trying to find out any info that anyone would have on the quality and price of this stove and what considerations I might look out for. The stove will be installed into a room that is only about 300 sg feet.

Not quite sure if I have made clear what I am doing or if I have given enough info. Any help would be appreciated for a very new and green pellet stove owner.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Hello Bill

Welcome to the forum!

Avalon made by Travis Ind makes a good quality pellet stove and also makes the Lopi line.

I have a newer Avalon Astoria pellet stove that we enjoy very much.

To answer your question, not to long ago I asked the very same question about a 900-PS I saw in NH here.
See this link
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/71956/

One of the answers is from Scott Williamson who services many stoves, so his answer is a good one.
So make sure it works really well!

Hope this helps and good luck. :)

Pic is of my Avalon below.

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 211
Thanks for the info!

Does anyone have any input on whether this is a fair price or not? Also, is it going to be way too big a unit for such a small area?

Thanks!
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.