Avalon Arbor leakes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger K

Jan 8, 2013
Capital region New York
I have a arbor that has developed a smoke leak. I can't seem to pin down where it leaks from. I can smell and see a little haze around the stove on start up especially. I have replaced the doors seals. Is there a common problem I should look for? The stove is about 5 years old.

1. Dollar bill test your door and make sure it is adjusted correctly. 2. Turn all lights off and check exhaust area with flash light on stove start up to isolate where the leak is coming from. 3. Do 1 and 2 only if the stove and exhaust venting has been cleaned stem to stern, front to back and inside and out. A blockage can cause smoke to back feed into the house. That's what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.