Avalon Arbor plugs up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dman

Oct 24, 2008
Pacific NW
I just bought this stove last month---Avalon Arbor free standing

This stove plugs up! I've tried two types off pellets & they both plug up the system (clean burn & Lignetics ...sp). They told me to remove the cover over the auger to unjam it. So I did----7 times so far & I have only used 8 to10 bags so far. Then they said run it without the cover---so I did. Now it burns more pellets--there is no "low" setting when you burn it this way. Plus you have to carefully put the pellets in the hopper so as not to allow them to fall thru the open hole (since there is no cover on). You can only put about 15# of pellets in without the cover on. To top it off - even with the cover off it still jamed up! The hole where the pellets fall thru to the burn pot seems to be too small (that's my opinion). They say it's the pellets--yeah right....they blamed the poor quality of the pellets on the housing crisis---lack of quality sawdust. I know a couple people with other types of stoves that do not have this problem. I think the problem is the design----and they need to fix it. Any suggestions?

DMan,

I have an Avalon Astoria, and have read on here that the new ones (2008) have a "fuel gate" over the end of the drop tube....this has caused problems with pellets getting jammed in the drop tube. Does your Arbor have that same gate? If it does, remove it and that might solve your problem.

Travis Ind. products are usually pretty trouble free, from what I've read on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.