Avalon Astoria hopper fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fsappo

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2008
Central NY
I just had a customer call me about a hopper fire in their 8 month old Astoria. Not sure why she didn't call the farm supply place she says she bought it from, or the subcontractor who put it in. I have never sold or installed Avalon/Lopi products. I tried using the search feature but didn't get anything specific to that stove.

She claims its a straight thru the wall installation. Im going to get the owners manual online now and see if that type of installation is ok.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with the same stove, and if so, what the details of the event were.

Looks like how she is describing the installation is ok. So what else? Of course, they just cleaned it out and have been using the stove since the incident

Status
Not open for further replies.