Avalon astoria ignitor ohms

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_S

Mar 15, 2009
CT
can anyone tell me how much resistance I should get on an avalon astoria ignitor? I think mine went bad, but would like totest it before I replace it. I read in another thread it should be between 45 and 49, but would like to make sure that that applies to my stove also.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave, the simplest way to check is to just connect the ignitor to 120v and see if it glows. It should get a bright orange. I made a "test cord" out of an old lamp cord to check ignitors, motors, etc, and it can be used while the thing being tested is still mounted in the stove.

If you still want to go the resistance route, it should be somewhere around 40-50 ohms.

thanks

the multi meeter method is easier for me since I can test it without pulling it out of the stove.

Dave_S said:
thanks

the multi meeter method is easier for me since I can test it without pulling it out of the stove.

No need to pull it out of the stove for either method.....if you use the 120v, just connect, plug it in, and watch for orange glow in the hole in the burnpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.