avalon atoria bay insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gck978

Mar 9, 2011
north eastern ma
i bought a avalon astoria bay insert and had it installed. my problem with it is vibrations, this thing rattles all the time, the door seal at the top when you put a dollar in it it comes out with no resistance tight everywhere else tried tightening the latch with no success any tighter and something might break. the dealer says that this is normal. have been trying different pellets as the heat is just ok with cubex and a lot of days it just doesnt want to put any heat out if i close the damper a little i get ash buildup . what am i doing wrong or do i have a problem with the stove

The dealer is being lazy and needs to step-up. The dollar bill should NOT come out easily on any part of the door. The owners manual does describe how to adjust it (P. 34 - 35), but if you can't get it tight, the dealer needs to come fix it.

I had one of these stoves, and the door seal was tight ALL THE WAY AROUND!

the dealer is absolutely useless it tok him 3 months to show up and all he did was tighten one of the clamps so tight that you need to use a screwdriver to pop open the latch . i must find another dealer who will service this

gerry said:
the dealer is absolutely useless it tok him 3 months to show up and all he did was tighten one of the clamps so tight that you need to use a screwdriver to pop open the latch . i must find another dealer who will service this

I would call Travis Ind. right away and explain to them your dealers lack of warranty service.

Oh, and if you have to use a screwdriver to loosen the side door clamp, that is WAY too tight. It should just be good and snug. Your problem is the upper hinge on the door needs to be adjusted inward, IMO.

According to the Travis Ind. site, these are the 3 closest dealers in the NE Mass. area:

Stove Shoppe at Fences Unltd (10 miles)
25 Indian Rock Road
Windham, NH 03087

(603) 537-0555

www.stoveshoppe.com

Woodstoves, FP & Patio (13 miles)
60 White Street
Littleton, MA 01460

(978) 486-9500

[email protected]
stoveshop.com

Stove Shoppe - Fences Unltd (29 miles)