Avalon avanti blower speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

All003

Oct 24, 2016
Ct
i need help with the blower. It's on the highest speed but it is blowing out at the lowest speed. The blower motor is about a year and a half old. I've taken it out and cleaned it. Nothing changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum! Likely not the blower but that can be tested by setting up a test cord with spade connectors. Unfortunately it is more likely your board if you cannot get the speed to vary. You might want to look into replacement or repair at a pellet stove board repair service.

Welcome to the forum! Likely not the blower but that can be tested by setting up a test cord with spade connectors. Unfortunately it is more likely your board if you cannot get the speed to vary. You might want to look into replacement or repair at a pellet stove board repair service.

I can get the speed to vary but it doesn't have the same blowing power as before this situation happened.

Have you been able to vary the speed since the new blower was installed?

Not being familiar with the board, I know triacs and potentiometers go on the Harmans. Likely control mechanisms on the board are failing. Could try using a meter to determine if you are getting the voltage changes with setting changes. Be careful working in the cabinet. Best to unplug until ready to test.

Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.