Avalon fan noise problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acder

Nov 29, 2009
New York
I have an avalon arbor stove-4 years old. the convection fan has taken to loud screaming intermittantly. I have removes the set-up and given it a good cleaning but it persists. If I give it or the stove a god rap-it subsides for a while-which leads me to suspect a harmonic imbalance, but I just can't get it to go away permanently. I guess the only other diagnosis would be the motor bearings?? anyway, any advice or help is appreciated before I am driven to buy a new fan set-up.

Have you oiled the motor bearings lately? Should be done after every 1- 1 1/2 tons if the stove is used a lot. 3 in1 oil in the blue can, or any NON DETERGENT 20w oil....3-4 drops in each oil port:
blower lube ports.jpgConvectionBlowerOilHolesSC.jpg

Reactions: heat seeker
Status
Not open for further replies.